- If you've got it - flaunt it -Kubernetes experience that is
Employer demand for IT professionals with Kubernetes experience is growing faster than candidate interest.
- Calculating the True Cost of Moving to the Cloud
Weave.works are shedding some light on economics of cloud migration. Worth a read!
- Results of the 2019 AWS Container Security Survey
AWS published its result about its Container Security Survey. The ratio of people using Pod Security Policies is at terrifying 50:50!
CNCF & Community
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU schedule announced
Get your Sched prepared for the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU schedule! Registrations for Day Zero events also just opened. Exciting times!
- KubeCon Rejects again takes place right before KubeCon
- Announcing the containerd Project Journey Report
- The newest TOC members
Congratulations to our new TOC members Katie Gamanji, Saad Ali, shengliang, Justin Cormack and Liz Rice. Here are the election results.
- Deploying External OpenStack Cloud Provider with Kubeadm
How to install a single control-plane Kubernetes cluster v1.15 with kubeadm on CentOS and then deploy an external OpenStack cloud probider
- Kubernetes Networking Demystified: A Brief Guide
Stackrox are following the journey of an HTTP request to a service running on a basic Kubernetes cluster.
- DNS Lookups in Kubernetes
Ever wondered what `ndots:5` in the /etc/resolve.conf of your nodes means? This article gives insight!
- How Trip.com uses Cilium
A Cilium User Story: trip.com's journey to using Cilium for their main Cloud-Native L3 Networking.
- Load balancing and scaling long-lived connections in Kubernetes
Load balancing long-lived connections in Kubernetes are somewhat tricky, as this article perfectly points out.
- How to monitor Kubelet
Learn how to monitor Kubernetes Kubelet to troubleshoot pods not starting, misbehaving nodes, and slow operations.
- Building containers without Docker
Alex Ellis gives a whirlwind tour on possibilities to build Linux containers without Docker.
- Master Go while Learning Containers
"When it comes to containers - the Go programming language is ubiquitous" - in his article Ivan Velichko takes you through the most mentionable container-related repositories.
- Jepsen on etcd 3.4.3
Jepsen did an indepth analysis of etcd 0.4.1 in 2014. Now, 6 years later they give 3.4.3 a shot, with interesting details.
- Improving Zero Downtime with Kubernetes
Daryl Thomas Porter from Kainos gives some insights how they approached Zero Downtime application deployments and how they improved them.
- We have basic Podman support in Kubernetes!
Kind, the Kubernetes in a bottle, now supports Podman.
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes OOM
Having OOM kills or CPU throttling in Kubernetes? Learn how to troubleshoot these issues.
- Troubleshoot Kubernetes with the power of tmux and kubectl
Ever heard of kmux? Its a kubectl plugin to use it exploring your Cluster utilizing tmux!